Hello readers! How many candy fans out there? Cheer up! Today I’m sharing this tutorial on making a totally fun Candy days pillow. How to sew decorative pillows you may ask. Well, read on!
This is a totally fun pillow cover inspired by those fun times when you are hanging out with the perfect friends, munching candies, eating marshmallows. The joy that you get from those yummy ice-creams and chocolate bars. This pillow cover brings all those memories back.
Plus the pattern is totally free for download. Although, you would have to sign up at the craftsy site to get the download link. But don’t worry everythings totally free and Craftsy is one cool site to be a part of. I promise.
DISCLAIMER: THIS POST CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS
Candy Days Pillow (How to sew decorative pillows)
- 1 yard cotton fabric
- Fabric Paints (pink, yellow, turquoise, purple, brown)
- (AD) Free Pattern ((The link will take you to my craftsy shop where you can download the pattern for free. Craftsy is an online worldwide craft community offering online classes and patterns. To know more about Craftsy click here)
- Zipper 14″
- Paint Brush
1) First, cut out 2 rectangles 9″x22″.
2) Print out the patterns and place them under fabric and trace out the pattern. For ease, I cut them into half.
3) Paint onto the fabric. Fill in using a broad brush and then do the rest using a thinner brush. Outline using the pink fabric paint.
4) Next, trace in the candies.
5) Outline the candies using black paint. and fill them in.
6) Lastly, sew everything together.
Linking up to these blogs:
Not just a housewife, Savvy Southern Style, Funky Junk Interiors, French Country Cottage, Six Sister’s Stuff, Sew Much Ado, DIY Show Off, I heart Naptime, Craft berry Bush, Coastal Charm, DIY by Design, Too Much Time , The Charm of Home, Flamingo toes, Flour Me With Love, Someday Crafts, Alder-berry Hill. What’s Cooking Love, The Crafty Blog Stalker, Raising Reagen, Create Craft Love, Mom On Timeout, My Romantic Home, Sugar Bee Crafts, Time to Sparkle @ The Gunny Sack, Home Stories A to Z, By Stephanie Lyn, The Girl Creative, Kathe With an E, The 36th Avenue, It’s Overflowing, Lil’ Luna, Love Bakes Good Cakes, http://freshideastudio.com, DIY Home Sweet Home, Ginger Snap Crafts, Oombawka Design, Titi Crafty by Camila, Livin Better Together, Common Ground-Do.com, My Re-purposed Life
This post first appeared on Believe&Inspire.
Don’t forget to sign up for our twice a month newsletter for FREE printable!
Be my sewing buddy and get a FREE colorful sewing planner!
Just enter your name and e-mail address in the boxes!